Thursday, November 25, 2010

Sport Honda Chili Cookoff

Part of the fun of riding motorcycles is going to events, either close by or far away. Often, I ride to one place for an event, hang out for a while, then meet up with some friends to go ride somewhere else.

This past weekend, I was fortunate enough to finally have some time to get out and ride. Sport Honda, in Metuchen, NJ, was having a Chili Cookoff, and members from the Goldwing Riders' Association were there to help raise money for a Veterans' home here in New Jersey.

I decided to go simply because I love chili.  For me, nothing beats going for a ride (even a fairly short one: I live about 10 miles from this place) and having some really good food. Music and nice people certainly help too, and they were all in abundance!

Here are some photos from the event:









This was indeed a 'Taste of Heaven!'


I wonder if they make dash kits for the Concours...

Whadaya think? Does it suit me?


All in all, fun times. As usual, the complex here was filled with good food, good music, and nice people. If you're in New Jersey and you're looking for fun events and professional sales and service, check out Sport Honda, Cross Country BMW and Triumph of Metuchen.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had fun, I missed it :-(
    You going to buy a Goldwing? ;-)

    ReplyDelete